Friday, December 09, 2011

Show Time!

Pin It It’s been quite some time since I had done a craft show so when a friend approached me about one at her local synagogue, I was hesitant at first. However there was no entrance fee. Only a percentage donation to the temple and a raffle prize so I basically had nothing to lose.

I started out making jewelry over 14 years ago & moved over into making lampwork beads several years ago, which is where my focus lies these days, but I thought I’d give it a try since there was really very little to lose and the funds were going to a good cause. I e-mailed the person running the event several times trying to get an idea of the number of jewelry vendors and whether they were all handcrafted items or were mass produced items allowed as well. She never responded to me. I suppose I should’ve had an inkling then that there might be a problem but I’m not one to back out once I commit to something.

Though there were not a disproportionate number of jewelry vendors I was the only one selling handmade jewelry. It’s impossible to compete with mass produced items. It also was a short show so not enough time to try and educate people about the differences. While the show was disappointing, I did manage to make some sales. I commend those artisans that sell at shows on a regular basis. I was wiped out afterwards!

Here’s photo of my table set up. And I thought I wasn’t going to have enough stock. lol!

No comments: