Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Pin It


I've decided NOT to make any New Years resolutions this year. I always start out with good intentions, but after just a few short weeks or months (on those years when I'm particularly ambitious, I fall off the wagon. I'm not necessarily talking about dieting either, though that seems to be one of my most often used resolutions.

Rather than  set myself up for failure &/or disappointment, I've decided instead to list some of the many things I'm grateful for from the past year. It was a trying year for me, having gone through some medical issues and major spine surgery that knocked me out of commission for over 3 months. However, I am to the point where I feel that I'm over the hump and well on my way to recovery. I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it is beautiful and bright.


So, here is my gratitude list:

1. First and foremost, I have regained my health.
2. I have a wonderful husband and a very dear friend (you know who you are!) who got me through the past several months following my surgery. I am eternally grateful to you both.
3. I have a wonderful family and am fortunate to have my 89 year old mother in my life.
4. I have a sweet father-in-law that's always there for us.
5. I will have a daughter soon as my son and his beautiful girlfriend just got engaged.
6. I am grateful to my many customers who have purchased from me, allowing me to continue practicing my art.
7. I have 'met' and become friends with so many wonderful people across the globe thanks to the internet that I would not have met otherwise. Several of those have become close friends.
8. I'm fortunate to have a working studio, albeit small, where I can melt glass to my heart's content.
9. I have a roof over my head & food on the table.
10. I'm grateful for a new year ahead!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love this way of looking at the new year! Resolutions are all hype. :) Congratulations on your son's engagement!