Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures - Willow Walker Designs

Pin It




































This week's talented artisan is Pamela Prichard, a very talented fused glass artist, of Willow Walker Designs. She is also an extremely talented wire and jewelry artist. She has shops on ArtFire and Etsy.

Let's get to know Pam better....

1. If there’s one thing that defines you, what is it?  I really don't think there is just one thing that defines me.  If I had to pick I would say it is my love of color!  Another day you might get another answer.  (grins)
2. What role does your family play in your art? My family plays a very big role.  Growing up my parents were always doing something crafty and encouraged me also.  I grew up in a stained glass household.  My dad started me on the path of fusing dichroic glass jewelry.  My son, his best friend (my "other son") and my ex help me do shows.
3. Where do you live and what is it like?  I live in gorgeous, SUNNY Central Oregon.   Everything east of the Cascade Mountain range, about two thirds of the state is nice, fairly dry with something like over 200 days of sun.  Unfortunately when most people think of Oregon they think of the Willamette Valley on the other side of the mountains where it rains a lot. 
4. Where did you learn to craft or are you self taught?  I learned glass fro my parents and am self-taught for all my wire working and beading.
5. How long have you been working at your craft?   I found my true glass calling when started fusing and making dichroic fused glass and wire wrapped jewelry in 2005.  I made my first sun catcher when I was eight.  I still do stained glass and teach it and fusing.
6. Where do you receive your inspiration, in general?  I find  inspiration everywhere.  It all goes into a big ole'  pot in the back of my brain where it simmers to fruition.
Here are some more links to Willow Walker Designs' creation: 



3 comments:

WillowWalker said...

Lovely! Thank you Lea! Everything looks so elegant!

Unknown said...

She does such amazing work. I wait to see each new thing...

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more! :-)