Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On FIre's Featured Artisan!

Pin It

I have the honor of being On Fire's Featured Artisan this week. What a lovely write up!

All beads are created by me, Lea Avroch, in my New York studio!

Unable to work following a spine disability, I started making jewelry over 15 years ago, hence the name.


I had been making jewelry for many years and would often find myself wishing I had a particular bead. So when I found out about a beginner lampwork class at the local art league I jumped on it and was immediately hooked. I've never looked back. 


While I still make the occasional piece(s) of jewelry, my focus is on making beads. I get inspiration mostly from nature; ocean, sand, beach, flowers, etc. It's such joy to open the kiln in the morning to see the finished beads from the day before. 


It is my hope that my beads will inspire your creativity in your jewelry.
You can Find LA Jewelry Design on:
Etsy
Artfire
Blog
Facebook
Twitter






Are you On Fire for Handmade? http://onfireforhandmade.com

No comments: