Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Bead Soup is Here!

Pin It
 
Lookie what came in the mail today....a lovely package from my Bead Soup Blog partner, Kristie Roeder. She makes lovely pendants out of artisan clay, hence her shop name. Ready to see what she sent?


When I opened the gift box, I found this baggie with all sorts of fun wood beads mixed in with beautiful seafoam glass beads. At least I think they're glass, not quite sure. They might be Amazonite. So, what's behind the 3 bright pink wrappers?


She sent not 1, but THREE focals for me to choose from and a darling silver clasp. Now to think of something special to make with these lovely beads so I do them justice.

And here's a pic I took of the beads I sent her way. I feel OK about sharing since I know she's received them already. I'm sorry for the crappy pic. I took this at night before quickly packing them up to send them on their way to her. Hopefully she took a better picture than I did. I sent her a lampwork glass focal and 4 matching rounds (made,by me :-) ) a strand of beautiful purple freshwater pearl drops, some copper beads and a matching Tierra Cast copper toggle clasp, 1 of my favorites. This being my 1st Bead Soup Blog Party, I hope I did OK and she likes what I've sent her.




1 comment:

vonna said...

I love this mix of color, and I do believe the beads are Amazonite... Can't wait to see what you make with so many textural elements, it's going to look beautiful!