Friday, April 29, 2011

Never Forget!

Pin It This Monday is Holocaust Remembrance Day. It's a day for us all to remember those that perished in the Holocaust, Jews & Christians alike. The more time that goes by, there are fewer survivors left on this earth to prove to the world that the atrocities did in fact occur. It saddens me to think that there are still people that don't believe it ever happened. I can't fathom how they can deny it still. Never mind those that were killed in the camps, but did the survivors tattoo themselves with numbers??

As the day approaches I think of my grandparents that I never knew, my parents' brothers and sisters that were killed, my father's 1st wife and 8 year old son. With all the horrific atrocities that occurred, I smile when I think of my mother (a survivor) who is alive and well and who will be celebrating her 90th birthday in 2 weeks. And of my father (survivor) who lived to the age of 91 when he succumbed to leukemia. And of my uncle (survivor), my father's older brother, who passed away a month shy of his 100th birthday. Take that Hitler! :-)

No comments: