I posted this recipe to my facebook friends, but it's 1 of my all time favorites and thought that others might enjoy it too. It's a great recipe for those following a gluten-free diet that want a delicious treat. I also make it at Passover time since there's no flour. This is a rich decadent cake. Enjoy! My personal notes are below the recipe.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter or margarine
18 oz. semisweet chocolate, divided
3/4 cup cream or nondairy creamer, divided
3/4 cup sugar
6 large eggs
1. Melt the butter or margarine & add 12 oz. of chocolate in double boiler. Whisk in 1/2 cup cream, sugar, then eggs. Pour into greased 9" springform pan or high-sided cake pan. Bake @ 350 degrees (~ 1 hour) with a pan of water on rack below until a tester comes out with wet (not liquidy) crumbs.
2. Remove carefully from oven & cool. Melt 6 oz. chocolate in double boiler; whisk in 1/4 cup cream. Invert cake & cover with ganache. Makes 10-12 servings.
1. I prefer to use butter, not margarine.
2. I've only used a springform pan & would think it difficult to invert the cake from a cake pan.
3. If you want a small treat now & then, I've made these in cupcake forms for my friend's husband, who's gluten-free. He freezes them & then takes out 1 at a time. To do this, I use cupcake liners, which I spray with Pam. You can frost them with the ganache too.
4. Disclaimer: Photo is a stock photo I found on the internet, though mine looks very similar....it DOES!