Let's get to know Lauren better.....
1. If there’s one thing that defines you, what is it?
In terms of my beads - probably "kid-like".
2. What role does your family play in your art?
My kids will give me bead ideas and critiques (they go pretty easy on me, although once my daughter picked up a cat focal I'd made and she made it talk and say "hello, my face is too small for my head."). My girls are all to happy to give the "rejects" homes in their bead collections, though. My younger daughter is a bit of a promoter for me, too - she wears the chokers I make with my beads on them. She also gives them as gifts. In terms of the business part of my art, my husband is my photo sizer and business card maker, so he plays a large role. He's a printer, so he does the graphics for my cards and prints them.
3. Where do you live and what is it like?
I live in a northwest suburb of Chicago. It's a pretty typical suburb. My kids walk to school. We have great neighbors. It's just right for us.
4. Where did you learn to craft or are you self taught?
5. How long have you been working at your craft?
6. Where do you receive your inspiration, in general?
7. What is the best piece of advice you can give other artists?
8. If you won a thousand dollar craft shopping spree, what would you spend it on?
You can see more of Lauren's work at:Etsy