Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures - Exquisite Studios

Pin It



I'm a little late with my post this week, but hey....it's still Tuesday SOMEWHERE! ;)

This week's featured artisan is someone who I have come to know pretty well the past few months, someone who started out as a customer, who I now consider a friend. Emily Schmitz-Zieman of Exquisite Studios on ArtFire. Em is an incredible jewelry artist with a wonderful eye for composition! Let's get to know her a little bit.

1. If there’s one thing that defines you, what is it? The one thing that defines me is my spirit.

2. What role does your family play in your art? My daughters are both very gifted in their creativity and imagination. my oldest is an artist with every brush,pencil,piece of clay she touches. My youngest loves to design along side me. My husband is by support-system for confidence in my work. Without all of us together, nothing would be possible.

3. Where do you live and what is it like? I live in Kasson, MN with a population of just around 5600. MN is crazy-cold in winter but a beautiful state to live in and raise a family, laying down roots as you go.

4. Where did you learn to craft or are you self taught? I am self-taught in every facet of jewelry designing and many other design work I create. I read books, tutorials, but I have found the best designs for things come from ones heart and soul.

5. How long have you been working at your craft? I've been doing artsy-stuff ever since I was little.

6. Where do you receive your inspiration, in general? In general, I gather inspiration from being very spiritual, from people, and from the natural beauty in things.

7. What is the best piece of advice you can give other artists? My best advice for anyone in this world is to imagine!

8. If you won a thousand dollar craft shopping spree, what would you spend it on? $1000 Craft Shopping-Spree you say? WOW! Wire, Lampwork, and whatever that moves me the very moment I see it--trust me, there would be nothing left!

Here are links to where you can find Em's beautiful creations:

ArtFire
Facebook

No comments: